Roxbury Swim & Tennis Club is currently looking for enthusiastic, friendly and hard working staff members. The following position is available for the 2019 summer season.
Part-time Lifeguard (Summer 2019)
Our Lifeguard staff is responsible for assuring the safety of swimming pool users by preventing and responding to emergencies. In addition, they are responsible for maintaining a high standard of cleanliness and maintenance of the swimming pools, surrounding decks, furniture, equipment, pool pavilion, locker rooms, and playground.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Recognize and respond effectively in emergency situations.
- Enforce all club policies, rules and regulations.
- When assigned, complete all necessary records and reports, including but not limited to the daily pool maintenance checklist and the pool chemical test log.
- When assigned, report any pool chemical abnormalities or problems to the Pool Manager on Duty or Head Lifeguard.
- Assist with the maintenance and upkeep of the main pool, kiddy pool, surrounding pool deck and equipment, tables & chairs, pool pavilion, locker rooms and playground.
- Assist with the set-up and clean-up of club aquatics events and social events.
- Cover the pool office front desk when assigned by the Pool Manager on Duty or General Manager.
- Adhere to club rules and standards, and maintain a high level of professionalism.
- Notify Pool Manager on Duty or General Manager of any member concerns or complaints.
- Complete any additional duties as assigned by the Pool Manager on Duty or Head Lifeguard.
Qualifications and Skills
- Certifications: American Red Cross Lifeguard Training/First Aid/CPR/AED certification.
- Experience: Must have thorough knowledge and application of lifeguard surveillance and rescue techniques.
- Member Services Skills: Must be member service oriented, accurate, self-motivated, and be able to use time efficiently.
- Work Availability: Must be willing to work irregular hours, shifts, holidays or weekends as required.
- Conditions: Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more and have high endurance for frequent walking, standing, kneeling, sitting and swimming. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be willing to work outdoors in various weather conditions.
If you are interested in a part-time Lifeguard position, and have the required qualifications, please submit your resume and a cover letter to Aquatics Search Committee at email@example.com. Compensation will be based on qualifications and experience.